Whitescape

Task 1: Take one white object and place it next to another white object. Compare the initial two colors
With my desk lamp on, I placed my shoe and a tissue next to each other. At first glance, I thought they looked almost identical in color. The tissue was a true white in my opinion, and the shoes are fairly knew so I believed them to be very similar types of white.


Task 2: Describe the difference in color after further examination
After further examination, I could see how the white on my shoe was actually a little faded, and might resemble a more off white than true white. The laces and rim of the shoe where my foot goes started to seem less bright white and more cream or off white, however the rest of the shoe remained to look very similar to the white of the tissue.


Task 3: Change the lighting and take note of how the colors change after that.
After I turned the desk lamp off, I could tell how different the whites were with less lighting. The tissue remained a very bright white, however, the shoe looked much duller in color. The laces were faded and seemed almost grey. The rest of the shoe was much whiter than the laces and interior, however not as white as the tissue. The overall dullness of the white shoe that I thought was so new and clean was revealed when I turned the desk lamp off.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meraki Art Show Reception

The Whole Ball of Wax

Joyce Yu-Jean Lee